At Anchor

At Anchor

Friday, November 20, 2009

Yesterday was a slow day for Karen, she hurt here knee and it messed up her back so it was a day of rest. She fought like a wildcat for a car from Enterprise rental. It seems in the Keys they don't have cars until one is turned in. The main concern of the man that runs the office is weather or not you are going to bring the car back to Marathon or somewhere else. Most people take the car to Miami and they run short of cars, so Karen lied like a rug and got the only thing they had, a bright red Dodge truck. This is this guy's favorite truck and he has had it on the island for a year.Karen is really hoping he has something else to give her today. I think she thinks if she returns the truck to Miami he may put out a contract out on her.
Dockside Marina is my kind of marina, you put your BBQ pit on the dock,deck chairs, Umbrellas and tables. Then you just sit back and meet everybody that walks down the dock. For someone as shy as I am it's a good way to meet people. Our neighbor is a French Canadian a nice fellow. The first thing he did was to start sanding his teak. Well that enough for today will keep you informed.

1 comment:

  1. Well, bless my soul they are off and running. My Gawd Son, Look at YOU !!! Did you get the picture I attached to an email of you in Nam? I offered to send it to you two but I've decided I want to keep it. Just held it up beside and can't hardly tell the difference. More later ........ Karen, hope you didn't blow out a ligament. Take care of the knee. Jack/Tapper

    ReplyDelete