At Anchor

At Anchor

Monday, January 24, 2011

Well it's been awhile but I do have an excuse. Now I know one of you don't want to here it but here it is. Being on a boat there are certain times when water gets inside and sometimes your computer may get in the way. when that happens every thing gets messed up and some keys don't work. Well this happened to me and I could not type in my password. So if a extra U or IU shows up just let it pass.
O.K. we left St.Maarten on the 8Th and went to Virgin Gorda in the B.V.I.s. There was no wind to speak of so it was a motor sail. We arrived at about 1500 hrs and went to a mooring ball.
The next morning we checked In and went to the Baths. This is a volcanic island and what happened to the round boulders was the soft layers of lava, after a few million years wore off and you get this great bunch of holes and caves. If you ever get a chance to go it's worth it.









After we left the Baths we hightailed it to Jost Van Dyke and the bar Foxy's as most of the people that been there will tell you It has not changed since It opened. We spent a couple of days there and left for Calebra( on of the Spanish Virgin Islands) It was not what we left In 2002 last time here. There are no cruisers anywhere and most of the shops and beer joints or closed down. That's really bad news for those who like to drink a beer or 12 a day.


















We left Calebra and had a pretty good down wind sail to Salinas P.R. So here we sit for the next month or so while I get registered with the V.A. and start receiving meds. from them. In the next week or so I'll give a recap of the last year of where and whats happened to Karen & I & Drifter. See Y'all Down the Road.
P.S. Mike I hope this satisfies you for a few days.
Mike& Karen






1 comment:

  1. Been a while Mike. I am OUT of Africa. Looks like you saved the best (pic) for last! If water harmed your computer, how did ya keep your cigar dry??? You didn't think i saw it in the bathes, did ya. Looks like ya'll r having fun. Are ya'll sailing back to US??? Hit me with mail dude. Take care my friend, and be careful. Scott
    ps thanx for the blog :)

    ReplyDelete