At Anchor

At Anchor

Monday, October 25, 2010

Hey Y'all,
Yesterday we went to the Concord Falls here in Grenada. They are not the biggest falls here but this is the only one that you don't have to hike to them. The 7 Sisters is a 3 hour hike almost straight up. I just don't know if I want to go take a hike just yet.
Anyway there was about 25 or so of us and we looked just like a bunch of tourist. Some of us jumped in the water like the children we are and had a good time. The water coming out of those mountains is quite cold by the way, it make for real bad shrinkage.
The falls have a couple smaller falls that are within walking distance so I managed to get a couple photos of that also.


After about a hour of the falls we went to a new Rum Shop. Now most of you out there call these places beer joints, ice houses, bars and so on. Here they are called Rum Shops. This one was on a back road that if you didn't know where you are going you would never find this place. Usually during one of these opening you have what is called an Oildown, now I don't have any ideal how it came by that name but what it means is you eat all the local foods of that neighborhood, I guess because we had some stuff that I could not name. Well a good time was had by all with plenty beer and rum to drink and I think Karen and I had our share. O.K. that's about all for this post until next time. See Y'all Down the Road
Mike & Karen



1 comment:

  1. Mikey, thanks for the post. Fantasy Fest here so I am kind of looking for you in the crowd of half naked, body painted freaks! Doesn't seem right you ain't here making fun of them good ole women. Great pictures and Bob and I are glad Karen still hasn't caught up to your antics.

    ReplyDelete