At Anchor

At Anchor

Tuesday, June 8, 2010




Well we didn't make it very far because I wasn't ready for an overnight sail. You just have to have your mind set for a long sail so after about 4 hrs. of sailing with fair winds I told Karen we were going to Salinas and just rest for a few days. I think I'm getting into this retirement thing and slowing way down.
On the way over here we caught a 20 or 25 pound Dolphin or what ever you want to call it but it sure was good eating. After that I put the tackle up, there is no since putting to much fish in the refrigerator at one time.
Yesterday we road around in the dingy and toured the harbor to see the changes that has happened in the last 8 years. The million dollar homes have been built where the old shacks were so I'm sure there is so rich people in Salinas now.
The photo of the boat shows the boat in full cruising mode, something you don't see is the underwear hanging on the life lines the wash clothes drying out and the beer cans in the cockpit. I feel we are coping well with this slow lifestyle.
Today we have to walk to the store because somehow we have no peanut butter on board. Now I can't understand how this happened but I will remedy the problem today. See y'all down the road.
Mike & Karen

1 comment:

  1. Mike, I've been enjoying retirement for years, I though I would've taught you some of the style by now! Keep off touring the island by bike, you remember what happened last time! Miss Karen, oh, Celine is making me say we miss you too! Where that cigar you owe me? Keep writing. Have you read the 2nd book yet? Just sent in the edited version with all the mistakes corrected, or so they tell me. Fair winds my friend and slow down to a crawl, it has worked for me!
    MH

    ReplyDelete