At Anchor

At Anchor

Saturday, June 5, 2010












Hello folks, we have left Puerto Real with all repairs complete. These photos are some of the people that befriended us and offered us any help that we would need. It was an enjoyable stay but I don't want to stay any longer. We left this morning at o700 hrs. and just went to Boqueron which is only 5 miles from here but we wanted to stay there over night to see if it has changed in the last 8 years. we found the town just about the way it was and enjoyed the time on the beach. Puerto Real is a fishing village and and everyone there ether fishes or they dive for conch. You can go in the village and there is about 30 restaurants and only 35 buildings. So you can see eating in Puetro Real is easy.
The 2 geese in the posting are the meanest you can find. I thought I could at least pet 1 on the head as he poked his head out the fence. Guess what, the SOB was faster than me and bit my finger. I now have several band aids wrapped around my finger. Oh well in the morning we leave for either St. Kitts or Montserrat, it's what ever the wind blows from now on.
I sent my company are letter of resignation on the 1 st. and am now completely RETIRED. Our next posting will come from down island because this is the last of the AT&T Internet. See y'all down the road.
Mike & Karen



1 comment:

  1. Mike. Sounds like your MATE has put up with you being gone long enough. Sounds like ya'll have 2 tickets to paradise. Even if you get bit by a goose. HAPPY RETIREMENT. I am about 10 years behind you, but I won't be as OLD as you. HaHa. You kids have fun, and keep posting with the whereabouts of your next bird bite!!!
    Scott

    ReplyDelete