At Anchor

At Anchor

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Hello everyone, we just landed in Provo. Provo is one of the Turks and Caicos Islands and the end of the Bahamas. Thank someone! We have 2 more open ocean crossings left and hope like hell they are not as rough as the last 3. We have had nothing but 8 to 10 ft. seas in the Atlantic with 20 to 25 knot wind on the nose all the time.I should not be surprised because the Windex on the top of my mast always points forward.This is the first time we have touched dry land in 10 days except for a 15 min. break to feed the lizards on Allen'Cay. The iguana you see in the photo was the largest one that showed up and he took a chunk out of my finger along with the damn lettuce. This fellow jumped about 2 ft. to get to my finger and surprised me. The other 2 photos are of Fantasy Island in Nassau, we spent 3 hrs. on anchor before we continued on the way. I would not recommend this way to get down south. If I had more than 25 days to travel we would take our time and see all the islands that we missed the first time through in 02.
We pulled in to Southside Marina yesterday morning to get some grocery's and do a couple of minor repairs. I lost our freezer to some errant saltwater that seemed to find it's way to all the electronic parts that make it run so, overboard all our frozen food and now nothing but fresh, but isn't fresh better for you. Well I'll post again in about 5 or 6 days when we get to Puerto Rico.
See ya'll down the road.
Mike & Karen







No comments:

Post a Comment