At Anchor

At Anchor

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

OK, I know I promised to get back to the blog sooner than this but we have been hauled out and been to busy to do anything. Y'all who have or had a boat on the hard you know what it's like.
We have been waiting for 2 days to be put back in the water, the ship yard's tralier broke a hydraulic line and here in Panama that is a major part. If were not in a third world you just go to the auto parts store and get a new one.
We had to pull the engine out of the boat so I could fix the gear. While thinking about what I had to do, i needed new motor mounts so I ordered them from the States. Well I amost had a heart attack when FedEx wanted $582.00 to ship to Panama. The package weighed 8 pounds. We had 2 more packages to be shipped here and each one was at least that weight so it was cheaper to send Karen to the States to pick every thing up and put in luggage and fly back. She didn't mind because she spent 3 days with the grand kids and Michelle & James.
Getting back to what's going on now, if we get the boat back in the water today we can move out of this hotel room and back to our normal life, if you can say our life is normal.
Friday Karen & I are going to line handle on a sloop thats going through the canal. She will take plenty of photos and I will post next week.
See Y'all Down the Road,
Mike & Karen

1 comment:

  1. Finally! Glad to know Karen's is okay. Hope the supply of cigars ain't runnin' low, hoss. Bob's up visiting Matthew for a long weekend and I am off to a mystery writers board meeting. Gotta leave today 'cause the 7-mile bridge is closed tomorrow a.m. for that damn run. I usually leave at 6 am and wouldn't make Marathon before the bridge closed. Lookin' forward to the photos. Good luck. We miss you both, honestly, both!

    ReplyDelete