At Anchor

At Anchor

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Cat & Generators

Hey Y'all,
I guess since I have had a couple of inquires about the cat, here is the storey. Two weeks after she started to live with us and ruling the roost, she decided to take a midnight swim. Being way past Karen & my bed time we did not here the splash. So she must of swam to the land that is about 40 feet from the boat and started her new life without us. At least we hope so.
Now for 13 years I have tried to find a generator that would fit in somewhere in this boat. Well I finally found one. It now sits in the stern of the boat and is very quite. Our batteries now stay at full charge. This next week I will hook up the air con. to the inverter so during the real hot days and nights we will stay cool.
We have about 25 more days here in Pureto Rico, and we plan to head to Bonaire. Karen has got over her fear of putting her face in the water after at least 39 years. She has started snorkeling!!!!!! Now about 15 years ago I taught her SCUBA and certified her but she freaked out in an Atlantic dive so I would not let her dive anymore. Bonaire has some great snorkeling so we'll go there first before we head to Colombia.
See Y'all Down the Road
Mike & Karen

2 comments:

  1. Well, glad to see you are both well - mentally for Karen - and still on your adventure. Colombia? What ports of call? Am just about done with the new book and at the very end Mike, the capt. of Drifter (anyone we know?) does an heroic act! Told you, it's fiction! Karen, you'll have to send me the Texas address, again, so I can send you a copy when it comes out in mid November. Sorry about the cat. However, if you feel the need for a pet (besides ole what's his name) remember I have a cat, dog, rabbit and 20-year old you are welcome to any or all. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renne' and I are in Charleston, SC. check us out at www.svjonne.blogspot.com. We will be headed for Guatemala, via the Bahamas and the Virgins heading out in December. Hope to see you guys next hurricane season of 2012

    ReplyDelete