At Anchor

At Anchor

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hey Y'all, here we sit at the Carriacou Yacht Club ( now I say that with tongue in cheek) there is not o whole lot here in Tyrell Bay. We arrived here Saturday a day behind our friends from South Africa, Ayln & Maurine. We met them in Trinadad and they caught up with us in Grenada. While we were in Carriacou we said hello to some people
that we were ask to say hello and to let them know that a friend of theirs has passed away. Now when we went to Hillsborough to pick up a few things we found out that the island has one gas station and 41 Rum Shops. Now to a fellow like me I kind of like the average.
We left Carriacou because of our starting batteries decided to just stop and we had to run to Bequia to pay way to much for a new one. But since Bequia is one of my favorite islands. Here you see Karen & I sitting in the Whaleboner Bar that we featured in an early Posting. On the way over here we caught 1 nice Tuna 1 damn Barracuda and I had a Marlin that would not leave one of my lures alone. He hooked up twice but we were sailing at 7.6 Kts. and I could not get the Jib rolled in fast enough to slow down the boat.
Today we are going back to Canouan and of course I will be fishing all the way. Well if we remember about a camera we'll take a few more photos on the way over. See Y'all Down the Road. Mike & Karen

1 comment:

  1. Great photo of Karen and yourself, of course she always makes you look good! Tried to find you at Fantasy Fest but your costume sure fooled us - or was it body paint, chaps outside the 801?

    ReplyDelete