At Anchor

At Anchor

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Just to start off Karen is still alive and well, that may satisfy my skeptic friend in KW. Although she won't run get me a beer at the corner store because it's raining cats and dogs right now.
We were put back in the water 2 weeks ago with a new rudder and bottom job and everything is working good. I know the rudder will hold up because I built the damn thing this time and had no Puerto Rican build it.
I have a rant to put in the blog this time. This will more than likely be my last time to come to Trinidad because the locals here are so trashy. We have a great anchorage in Scotland Bay, but the locals just trash the place. They show up on the weekends and party quite hardy, but when they leave all the beer bottles and cups and garbage sacks are just left on the beach. this has to be because there is no education in this country. When you take a bus into town on the side of the road is all the garbage that they have in there cars and when you cross a bridge the sacks of garbage are piled up on the banks of the rivers. This is just disgraceful for a people to treat there country like a garbage dump. This morning having coffee on the back deck there was a boat anchored behind us and this young man pored his drink in a cup and just pitched the can in the water, when he finished the drink guess what; he through the cup in after it. No Pride In The Country.
OK enough of that. Karen & I are still having a good time, but it's getting time to leave. Before we do we still have a few places to go and now that I have an Internet connection that works the post will be more often. For now the rain has stopped, Karen picked me up 2 beers and that will get me back to the boat so until next time, See y'all down the road
Mike & Karen.

1 comment:

  1. Mikey, thanks for the post, but being that Bob and I are doubting Thomases,we need to see photos of Karen, holding a current newspaper so we can read the date, too. Words are cheap, old friend and the Karen Bob and I know would make you get your own beer! What have you done with her? And remember, I have the photo from Schooner Wharf on my home-office wall, so I know what you both look like! Bob is off to see Mathew for a few days and I am editing book three (you are both in it, briefly) because the publisher wants to see it. I am hoping the agent in NYC gets back to me quickly, I got a week. I have given my sailboat away! Insurance got too expensive and no one wanted to buy her! Now, I'll have to go sailing with you. Does the boat tip easily. Oh well, I guess you can show me how to flip it.

    ReplyDelete